LCTV PROGRAMMING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Those who wish to use the LCTV Media Center and/or equipment to produce programming and/or receive training, or request airtime for non-commercial programming free of charge must live in, work in, study in and/or represent a nonprofit, school or local governmental body in one of the towns that fully funds LCTV. Otherwise, fees will be charged for services.
For more information, please see “GENERAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES”.
Producers own their programs and grant the right to LCTV to broadcast their programs within the limitations set by the producer. LCTV may also use the program for promotional purposes related to LCTV.
MEDIA FORMAT AND DOCUMENTATION
LCTV currently accepts a variety of video resolutions including NTSC, 720p, 1090i and 1080p. Please see: http://kb.trms.com/article/which-file-formats-are-supported-on-cablecast-s-sx-video-servers-167.html for details on video and audio formats, fps and codexes.
Video can be mailed or delivered to the LCTV Media Center on DVD, flash drives, hard drives, SD cards, or made available through a file share internet website such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
Submitted files on hardware should be labeled with the producers name and the title of the program.
It is the responsibility of the producer and/or requester to retrieve their hardware from the LCTV Media Center. Or, upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope, hardware will be mailed back to the sponsor and/or producer. LCTV reserves the right to dispose of unclaimed material after 60 days.
- A verbal introduction and/or a written title at the beginning of the video.
- Verbal and/or written credits at the beginning or end of the video acknowledging the producer of the video.
- Audio level at -6db. Audio must be free of excessive background noise, static, humming, clipping and high pitched droning.
- If LCTV facilities or equipment were used in making the video, LCTV must be included in the credits.
- Sale of lottery tickets is not permitted.
- Commercial or obscene material is not permitted.
- Violation of copyright or protected material, illustrations, graphics or music is not permitted.
- Implicit or explicit threats of violence against any person or group of people are not permitted.
- Commercial advertisements are not permitted.
- Fundraising for political candidates or causes is not permitted.
- Political advertisements or endorsements are not permitted.
SHOW SPONSORSHIP CREDIT GUIDELINES
Include a maximum 15-second visual and/or aural credit at the beginning and/or end of the show.
- picture and/or description of product(s) and/or physical business logo, trademark, slogan, pictures of business, staff, telephone number, address, website
- Calls to action
- Inducements to purchase
- Superlative descriptions or qualitative claims
- Direct comparisons with other companies
- Reference to value or price
LCTV makes every effort to schedule broadcast time on a first-come, first-served basis. LCTV reserves control over when and how frequently shows are broadcast within the limitations set by sponsors and/or producers.
The current schedule of programs for the week (Thursday – Wednesday) is submitted to Lincoln County News by noon on Tuesday.
Those who have requested shows are encouraged to send press releases to local media outlets.
Those who have requested shows may submit video promos to highlight their programs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR USE OF EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
Classes are offered in the use of field equipment, editing programs and studio production. Upon successful demonstration of proficiency, producers are considered qualified and allowed full use of facilities and equipment. LCTV production equipment may only be used by producers who are 18 years of age or older. Those under 18 must be supervised by a qualified producer and have written permission from their parent or legal guardian.
Qualified producers must submit a production for airing on LCTV within six months of first using the LCTV Media Center and/or equipment, or will be required to demonstrate proficiency to continue to borrow equipment and use facilities.
CARE AND USE OF LCTV MEDIA CENTER AND EQUIPMENT
The use of the LCTV Media Center and/or equipment, including training, must be primarily for the purpose of making a video that will appear on LCTV. Any other use of the LCTV Media Center and/or equipment, excluding contracted arrangements with LCTV, must be approved by the Board of Directors.
Producers must provide a crew and guest log and advise when an audience will be present for each studio production.
All LCTV equipment should be handled as instructed during training and during productions with reasonable care and safety. Producers should not change equipment settings or rewire the studio other than as instructed by staff.
Producers who borrow equipment for use outside the LCTV building are financially responsible for the equipment and must agree to pay the cost for fixing or replacing equipment that has been damaged, lost of stolen while in their possession.